So, really, the bottom line is love. Love your friends/family who are stuck in their abusive church. Show them what love is, what joy is, what freedom is, what mundane is. Invite them to share a meal with you (their favorite meal). Be boring. Be you. Be kind, loving, and accepting. This is so attractive to someone in a high-controlling church.
. . we can't change the culture of an abusive church, because while an abusive leader is in power, there is a system of abuse involved. We cannot change an abusive system. But what we survivors can do is provide a safe place where personal stories are told, heard, believed.
Chuck O'Neal, Beaverton Grace Bible Church, Spiritual Abuse, Negative Google Reviews, Defamation Lawsuit The other day, I got a call from my good friend, Michelle, who used to attend the cult/church we attended. Her husband used to be on staff at the church (Beaverton Grace Bible Church) and was fired. That led to… Continue reading Negative Google Reviews are Still Keeping People Away from My Spiritually Abusive Church 6 Years after Lawsuit
Chuck O'Neal, Beaverton Grace Bible Church, Jeff Rose, Dr. Edward Delcour, Mike Gendron, Mike Stockwell, and Robert Gray, Evangelism Reformation Conference, Reformation Fire Conference https://twitter.com/ChuckONeal_/status/883432785221894144 *** I don't have a problem with those tweets. On the surface, they are fine. But even false teachers get things right. The Bible tells us: For certain individuals whose… Continue reading Pastor Chuck O’Neal Continues to Pull the Wool over His Evangelist Friends’ Eyes
Free Thinker, Atheist, Christian Blogger, Thought Reform, Patriarchy, Spiritual Abuse, Cults Last Sunday, I had the privilege of speaking at a Free Thinkers group. Privilege, some might ask? You bet. I will take any opportunity afforded to share the truth, set the record straight, and especially let people know that I, as a Christian, am displeased by the… Continue reading Christian Blogger Invited to Speak at Free Thinkers’ Meeting about Abuse in Christian Churches
Children Harmed by Spiritual Abuse Yesterday, I was talking with my programming language tutor and mentioned that I had a blog. He asked what my blog was about and I told him the long story. He was absolutely dumbfounded by what he was hearing and kept shaking his head, not wanting to believe it, even… Continue reading The Fallout of Spiritual Abuse on Our Children
*** Pastor Chuck O'Neal claims Portland-area police officer is threatening his First Amendment Rights. This is the same pastor who sued 4 former church members $500,000 for speaking out publicly against him. *** *** This is rich. Pastor Chuck O'Neal of Beaverton Grace Bible Church, the very same pastor who sued me and four former church… Continue reading Pastor Chuck O’Neal Who Sued 5 Former Church Members for $500,000 for Defamation Claims His First Amendment Rights are Violated When Police Officer Asks Him to Move to Side of Road to Preach
Chuck O'Neal and Beaverton Grace Bible Church to host Jeremiah Cry Ministries "The Soul Winner" conference. O'Neal will be speaking as well as Open Air Preacher Tony Miano. What a combination: a suing pastor and open air preacher who behaves like the "spirit of Westboro" speaking on soul winning. The conference is May 7-9, 2015 at… Continue reading Pastor Chuck O’Neal and Open Air Preacher Tony Miano to Speak at Jeremiah Cry Conference Hosted at Beaverton Grace Bible Church
Church Membership is being pushed in The Gospel Coalition's recent article. Whose rights are protected? Christina Holcomb, litigation counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, wrote an article for The Gospel Coalition (TGC), 5 Actions Churches Should Take in a Changing Legal Culture, which was published today. I can't help but perk up and take notice when I… Continue reading Whose Rights are Protected in The Gospel Coalition’s Article on Churches and Current Legal Culture?
*** Three years ago, I was sued by my ex-pastor, Chuck O'Neal, pastor of Beaverton Grace Bible Church, for speaking out on social media about the abuse we and other families incurred. *** The Shepherds' Conference is going on right now in Southern California, and as I see tweets using the hashtags #shepconf and #shepconf2015,… Continue reading Flashback: This Week At the Shepherds’ Conference with Pastor Chuck O’Neal Three Years Ago
*** Phil Johnson of Grace Community Church claims that sheep, not wolves are the main trouble with churches *** *** Yesterday, Phil Johnson of Grace Community Church tweeted this: *** He is assuming the primary problem are the "sheepiness" of sheep??? That does not surprise me. Let me show you my personal experience with… Continue reading Phil Johnson Claims the Main Trouble in Churches are the Sheep, not Wolves
*** Pastors who use their assumed position of authority to control personal lives. *** for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Hebrews 13:17 *** This is finals week at school, so in the interest of time, I'm going to resurrect an old post from March of… Continue reading Some Pastors Think They Get to Control the Details of Your Lives, Even the Colors of Clothes You Wear
Thoughts about the Reformed Baptist bloggers known as the Pyromaniacs, a Pyro-Conference, and opining about the pain. At least third-degree burns don't hurt. A post by Cindy Kunsman Long, long ago in internet time in a cyber place far, far away, a fellow started a blog. His name was Phil Johnson. I first… Continue reading Anyone with a Burning Desire to Go to PyroCon?
*** Does Tony Miano's ministry show kindness, genuine love, truthful speech and honor, or is he heralding slander instead of God's Holy Word? *** We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots,… Continue reading Tony Miano’s Ministry of Honor, Genuine Love, and Righteousness by Truthful Speech? Or Not?
* * * Tony Miano put out a plea for donations on his Facebook page, however, Tony's admin guy, Chris H. deleted comments made by someone questioning about the money. The commenter was accused of slander, defamation, and threatened to ban from posting on the Facebook page. Bully, much? * … Continue reading Facebook Comments Removed from Tony Miano’s Facebook Page When Commenter Asks About Donation $$
* * * Spiritual abuse author Dr. Barb Orlowski to conduct a new spiritual abuse survivor survey and is looking for participants. * * * * * * Late February of 2012, I started my first blog, Beaverton Grace Bible Church Survivors (later… Continue reading Invitation to Participate in New Spiritual Abuse Research Study by Dr. Barb Orlowski
* * * Tony Miano, author of Should She Preach?, attended John MacArthur's Strange Fire conference at Grace Community Church, along with Pastor Chuck O'Neal (suing pastor who had minister's license revoked and currently in discipline), Phil Johnson, Dr. Steve Lawson, all of whom contributed to Miano's book. * … Continue reading Question for Tony Miano: Did Joni Preach?
* * * I apologize in advance for the length of this post. Please read the Facebook status slowly and let it sink in, would you? * * * H/T to Meaghan Varela, my dear friend (aka the other Woman of Mass Destruction) and former defendant in… Continue reading Strange Fire Conference: John MacArthur, “Reformed Theology is not a Haven for False Teachers”
* * * Today, Willamette Week, a Portland news outlet, published their third recent article on Pastor Chuck O'Neal, my former pastor who sued me and four others for $500,000. The first article dealt with his protesting at a local abortion clinic and how civic leaders were looking into whether any… Continue reading Beaverton Grace Bible Church’s Pastor Chuck O’Neal: Your Past Will Find You
* * * But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blpasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a… Continue reading Beaverton Grace Bible Church and Pastor Chuck O’Neal – A Year after They Lost the Defamation Lawsuit