"The fact that an outside governmental agency objectively documented and determined that MacArthur’s leadership does not even meet the moral and ethical standards of the world, deems him unqualified to remain at the helm."
John MacArthur, Pastor at Grace Community Church and President of The Master's University, recently announced that he is stepping down as President of The Master's University (TMU). This will be an 18-month transition.
<a href=""> Read More...
Jane's story, The Master's University, rape, Eric Davis, John MacArthur, #DoYouSeeUs *** *** Eric Davis, pastor of Cornerstone Church in Jackson Hole, WY, posted an article at Cripplegate.com, “Do You See Me?”: A Partial Response, in response to the account of "Jane," an alleged rape victim whose sexual assault, kidnapping, and drugging was reportedly mishandled… Continue reading Response to Pastor Eric Davis’ Article on “Do You See Me?” #DoYouSeeUs
The Master's University, The Master's Seminary, Grace Community Church, John MacArthur, Sexual Assault, Sexual Abuse, Jane's Story, #DoYouSeeUs *** Introducing the Account of Master's University Student "Jane" Being Raped Earlier this week (September 18), blogger Marci Preheim shared the story of Jane (pseudonym), a Master's University student who was drugged, then raped. The horrific story… Continue reading Jane’s Account of Rape, Response of Master’s University to Her Claims, and a Breaking Development Confirming Details #DoYouSeeUs
Phil Johnson, Grace Community Church, Sex Abuse, Domestic Violence, Twitter *** Blog reader, Christina, left an important comment on yesterday's post regarding an insensitive and callous tweet Pastor Phil Johnson sent out regarding domestic violence. His tweet created quite an uproar on Twitter. Because Christina's comment is addressed to Phil Johnson, I didn't want it to get lost… Continue reading An Abuse Survivor’s Response to Pastor Phil Johnson’s Insensitive Tweet on Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence, Phil Johnson, Grace Community Church, John MacArthur *** This post needs little commentary. Pastor Phil Johnson is Pastor John MacArthur's right-hand man at Grace Community Church. I am sad that a man in his position would so carelessly tweet this insensitive, uncaring tweet. I fear for women at Grace Community or any church connected… Continue reading Pastor Phil Johnson Shows His Heart toward Domestic Violence Victim
How to help a family member or friend leave a high-controlling church group or cult: spiritual abuse, trapped, thought reform, mind control, freedom “Mind control is the process by which individual or collective freedom of choice and action is compromised by agents or agencies that modify or distort perception, motivation, affect, cognition and/or behavioral… Continue reading Help! My Family Member or Close Friend is Trapped in a High-Controlling Church or Cult. How Can I Encourage Them to Leave?
Phil Johnson, C.J. Mahaney, Sovereign Grace Ministries Sex Abuse Case, Together for the Gospel, #T4G2016, Survivor Blogs Phil Johnson, John MacArthur's right-hand man has issued a public statement on his Facebook page regarding CJ Mahaney, the Together for the Gospel 2016 conference, and survivor blogs. As usual, we don't see much concern for the… Continue reading Phil Johnson: ‘Some thoughts on CJ, T4G, and “survivor blogs.”’
Complementarian CBMW Owen Strachan, John MacArthur, John Piper, Grant Castleberry, Albert Mohler, Gavin Peacock The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood is holding their conference, "The Beauty of Complementarity" in Complementarity Capital of the World, Louisville. The nice thing about live tweeting is that I don't have to research, it's coming hot off the… Continue reading Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood 2016 Conference #CBMW16 Live Tweets and Complementarianism Cool-Aid
Shepherds' Conference, J.D. Hall, Women, Church #ShepCon #ShepCon2016, John Mac Arthur, Pulpit and Pen, Bunker *** This week quite a few pastors and men have been at the Shepherds' Conference at John Mac Arthur's digs in California. Traditionally, women are not allowed to attend, yet evidently, women did attend at least one day per Pastor J.D.… Continue reading Jordan “J.D.” Hall Grumps about Women Who Shouldn’t Attend Shepherds’ Conference
*** Phil Johnson of Grace Community Church claims that sheep, not wolves are the main trouble with churches *** *** Yesterday, Phil Johnson of Grace Community Church tweeted this: *** He is assuming the primary problem are the "sheepiness" of sheep??? That does not surprise me. Let me show you my personal experience with… Continue reading Phil Johnson Claims the Main Trouble in Churches are the Sheep, not Wolves
*** Does Tony Miano's ministry show kindness, genuine love, truthful speech and honor, or is he heralding slander instead of God's Holy Word? *** We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots,… Continue reading Tony Miano’s Ministry of Honor, Genuine Love, and Righteousness by Truthful Speech? Or Not?
* * * Street Evangelist Tony Miano announced he's leaving Faith Community Church and will be attending Grace Community Church. * * * ** Thanks to those who have sent me updates on Tony Miano, I have a bit of information to pass along. One thing Miano is… Continue reading Tony Miano’s New Digs: Grace Community Church
* * * Tony Miano, author of Should She Preach?, attended John MacArthur's Strange Fire conference at Grace Community Church, along with Pastor Chuck O'Neal (suing pastor who had minister's license revoked and currently in discipline), Phil Johnson, Dr. Steve Lawson, all of whom contributed to Miano's book. * … Continue reading Question for Tony Miano: Did Joni Preach?
* * * I apologize in advance for the length of this post. Please read the Facebook status slowly and let it sink in, would you? * * * H/T to Meaghan Varela, my dear friend (aka the other Woman of Mass Destruction) and former defendant in… Continue reading Strange Fire Conference: John MacArthur, “Reformed Theology is not a Haven for False Teachers”
* * * Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. Jeremiah 23:16 * * * Covenant Life Church (CLC) in… Continue reading Church Job Description: Vision Casting?
* * * "Mental illness" is a poor term, sounding like "It's just your mind." But a broken brain is as physical as a broken bone. Rick Warren tweeted 4/13/13 a week after his son committed suicide. I still have a couple of more thoughts regarding the Nally suicide case… Continue reading Black and White Teachings from the Pulpit: Helpful or Not?
* * * A friend sent me a tragic story this morning. It is an older story from 1979 involving John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, and a young man, Kenneth Nally, who at the age of 24 shot himself and died. He suffered from depression and sought counsel… Continue reading How do Churches Handle Difficult Mental Health Cases, Biblical Counseling, and the Law?
Before I get to the subject of this article, I wanted to give a brief update on my court case: I've had a few people asking me on the blog and privately if my former pastor has paid the attorney's fees. He and/or the church did pay the attorney fees for the two defendants who… Continue reading Are Bloggers & the Internet Having a Direct Effect on Churches and Their Policies?
*** Countdown: 5 days till court date, drawn by JA's 9-yr old *** Just a few things to share before a "regular" blog post coming up as my 9-yr old is busy with his drawing for the post. Phil Johnson from Grace Community Church (John MacArthur's church) reached out to me yesterday and we had… Continue reading A Few Notes from Julie Anne