"No ONE should tell EVERYONE anything. That's the role of your leaders. We are entrusted, and we're going to give an account."
This open letter is to CT's Board of Directors because we believe the public situation of reportedly questionable ethics and abusive behaviors by CT representatives Mark Galli and Ed Stetzer has escalated to where it can only be resolved at the board level.
"I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized."
Well, he finally did enough damage that even his elders cannot cover this up. James MacDonald was caught saying despicable and cruel things on a recording which was aired by Chicago-area radio personality and former Harvest Bible Chapel congregant, "Mancow" Muller. on WLS/AM 890. And he was fired!
How to help a family member or friend leave a high-controlling church group or cult: spiritual abuse, trapped, thought reform, mind control, freedom “Mind control is the process by which individual or collective freedom of choice and action is compromised by agents or agencies that modify or distort perception, motivation, affect, cognition and/or behavioral… Continue reading Help! My Family Member or Close Friend is Trapped in a High-Controlling Church or Cult. How Can I Encourage Them to Leave?
* * * Tony Miano put out a plea for donations on his Facebook page, however, Tony's admin guy, Chris H. deleted comments made by someone questioning about the money. The commenter was accused of slander, defamation, and threatened to ban from posting on the Facebook page. Bully, much? * … Continue reading Facebook Comments Removed from Tony Miano’s Facebook Page When Commenter Asks About Donation $$
* * * In a concerted attempt to control others, someone from Harvest Bible Chapel (HBC) filed official complaint with YouTube against blogger Paul Dohse's YouTube account, resulting in blogger's loss of YouTube privileges. * * * * * * I received an… Continue reading Harvest Bible Chapel Files Complaint Against Blogger Paul Dohse, Resulting in Loss of YouTube Privileges
*** Last week I posted a letter from Dave Corning who was a long-time elder at Harvest Bible Chapel (HBC), under Pastor James MacDonald. I mentioned that Corning's letter would be my go-to letter for describing spiritual abuse because it described some of the most common tactics spiritual abusers use. Friday, I tore the letter apart… Continue reading Harvest Bible Chapel: #Spiritual Abuse 101 Tweets from Elder’s Letter
* * * One big dilemma in spiritually abusive churches is deciding if and when to leave the church. Does God want people to leave a spiritually abusive church? Can God work through people left in an abusive church? Is there a Biblical precedent for this kind of situation? What… Continue reading Spiritual Abuse: Harvest Bible Chapel – Should Church Members Stay or Leave?
* * * Harvest Bible Chapel's former long-time elder Dave Corning releases public letter to expose Pastor James MacDonald of abuse of power, lack of accountability, and personal financial gain. * * * * * * “Beware of false prophets, who come to you… Continue reading Former Long-Time Harvest Bible Chapel Elder Dave Corning Accuses Pastor James MacDonald of Abuse of Power, Lack of Accountability
* * * If you've been following the Elephant Room 2 spectacle with Pastor James MacDonald of Harvest Bible Chapel, you know there has been some shakeup within the elder ranks. More drama recently unfolded. Below, you will find the link to the video of MacDonald and four of the elders… Continue reading Learn and Discern: Harvest Bible Chapel – Church Discipline and Excommunication