Sometimes there are tweets that really need to be seen wider than the Twitterverse. I will be compiling tweets to highlight here.
Tom Chantry, Molestation, Child Abuse, and Assault Charges, ARBCA *** Back in his heyday, Pastor Tom Chantry was a highly respected commenter at Pyromaniacs blog hosted by various Calvinist dude-bros such as Phil Johnson, Dan Phillips, Frank Turk, et al. We know he has been on trial for child abuse, molestation, and assault charges. Today,… Continue reading Tom Chantry: Update on His Molestation, Child Abuse, and Assault Charges; and Looking Back
Mark Driscoll, Tullian Tchividjian, Spiritual abuse, clergy sexual misconduct *** Tullian Tchividjian and Mark Driscoll are Baaaack Today was a really difficult day with the shootings in Las Vegas. As of this writing, 59 people have died, and over 500 injured. What a horrible, senseless tragedy, with so many people harmed. As I was reeling… Continue reading Tullian Tchividjian and Mark Driscoll are Baaaack
How to help a family member or friend leave a high-controlling church group or cult: spiritual abuse, trapped, thought reform, mind control, freedom “Mind control is the process by which individual or collective freedom of choice and action is compromised by agents or agencies that modify or distort perception, motivation, affect, cognition and/or behavioral… Continue reading Help! My Family Member or Close Friend is Trapped in a High-Controlling Church or Cult. How Can I Encourage Them to Leave?
John Piper reflects upon makes excuses for Mark Driscoll. Generic Christians don't get off as easy. -by Kathi For those of you unaware, John Piper has been friends with Mark Driscoll for many years. This is a relationship that he has no regrets about. Is anyone surprised? Which has led to tweets such as this:… Continue reading John Piper on Mark Driscoll and the Church and the Gospel
Gold Creek Community Church, Pastor Dan Kellogg, Mark Driscoll and church rap and twerk video *** Twerking *** Why would a pastor invite someone he didn't even know personally - someone with a bad public reputation as an abuser - to come and speak to his church? It's all becoming crystal clear about Gold Creek… Continue reading Mark Driscoll, Dan Kellogg and Gold Creek Community Church’s Rap
Mark Driscoll preaches while former Mars Hill Members protest outside of Pastor Dan Kellogg's Gold Creek Community Church *** Pastor Dan Kellogg of Gold Creek Community Church invited Pastor Mark Driscoll, former pastor of Mars Hill churches, to preach at his Seattle-area church yesterday. There was also a protest outside during the service by about… Continue reading Pastor Mark Driscoll Preaches at Pastor Dan Kellogg’s Gold Creek Community Church
*** Contempt and Control by Christian Leaders (Mark Driscoll, etc) *** *** My friend, Brad Sargent, has been working tirelessly on behalf of spiritual abuse survivors for decades, documenting people/cases, analyzing outcomes, watching behavioral patterns, etc. He spent over 300 hours documenting and compiling the BGBC Lawsuit Archive which chronicles my defamation lawsuit brought on… Continue reading When Spiritual Leaders Use Contempt to Control
Mark Driscoll's new website: what he's sharing about himself and what he leaves out of his story *** Surprise, surprise, surprise! About one week before all of the Mars Hill churches that Pastor Mark Driscoll founded some 18 years ago are about to close, Driscoll has published a brand new website. On the front page you can… Continue reading Mark Driscoll’s New Website, New Image, and the Stuff He Forgot to Mention
*** Mars Hill Churches dissolving, becoming independent churches. Are people really celebrating? Should current Mars Hill pastors assume the role of pastors in the new independent churches? *** Yesterday, Mars Hill Pastor Dave Bruskas announced that the Mars Hill board decided that Marks Hill churches were dissolving: Today, I am excited to share… Continue reading Is anyone celebrating the demise of Mark Driscoll and Mars Hill churches? Is it really over? Should current Mars Hill pastors be leading new churches?
*** Michael Farris speaks out against teachings of two fallen Homeschool Movement leaders, Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard, but why now? *** ** Michael Farris, one of the pillars of the modern Homeschool Movement and founders of Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) and founding president of Patrick Henry College, released an article addressing abuses within the… Continue reading From Silence to Exposure: Why did Homeschool Leader Michael Farris Speak Out Now?
Warren Throckmorton broke the story this morning that Mars Hill pastor, Mark Driscoll is stepping down for 6 weeks. In a pre-recorded video announcement, Mark Driscoll told his congregation this morning that he will take at least six weeks off as lead pastor of Mars Hill Church while charges against him are investigated. Driscoll preached at Bellevue… Continue reading Mark Driscoll Stepping Down for 6 Weeks While Charges Investigated
* * * Corban University President Sheldon Nord removes public comment questioning the university's partnership with Mark Driscoll's Mars Hill. * * * It has come to my attention that a comment was removed from the Facebook page of Corban University President Sheldon Nord. I discovered Corban… Continue reading Comment Removed from Corban University President Sheldon Nord’s Facebook Page Regarding Corban’s Partnership with Mars Hill Church
* * * Mars Hill and Mark Driscoll to partner with Corban University and Western Seminary and host university classes at the Mars Hill Bellevue church campus. * * * It seems an important Mars Hill/Mark Driscoll development may have slipped through the cracks while the world… Continue reading Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Bellevue Campus to Host University Classes in Fall of 2014
* * * BREAKING: Janet Mefferd Removes Tweets and Blog Material Regarding Mark Driscoll and Alleged Plagiarism * * * Ok, I just got home and something is going down with Mefferd regarding the allegations of Mark plagiarism by Mark Driscoll in several books. Dee of Wartburg… Continue reading BREAKING: Janet Mefferd Removes Tweets and Blog Material Regarding Mark Driscoll and Alleged Plagiarism
* * * A commenter on the Janet Mefferd Facebook page posted correspondence received from Tyndale regarding Mark Driscoll's alleged plagiarism. Tyndale claims the material was "properly cited" and "conforms to market standards." Janet Mefferd has uncovered more incidences of alleged plagiarism by Mark Driscoll: On Nov. 21, I conducted an… Continue reading Tyndale House Publishers Responds to Commenter Regarding Alleged Plagiarism: “Properly Cited” and “Conforms to Market Standards”
* * * There's been a bunch of talk in social media about an interview Janet Mefferd conducted with Pastor Mark Driscoll. Here is where I first heard the interview: * * * The interview begins with Ms. Mefferd asking about Driscoll's appearance at John MacArthur's Strange… Continue reading Did Mark Driscoll really hang up on Janet Mefferd?