Chuck O'Neal, Beaverton Grace Bible Church, Spiritual Abuse, Negative Google Reviews, Defamation Lawsuit The other day, I got a call from my good friend, Michelle, who used to attend the cult/church we attended. Her husband used to be on staff at the church (Beaverton Grace Bible Church) and was fired. That led to… Continue reading Negative Google Reviews are Still Keeping People Away from My Spiritually Abusive Church 6 Years after Lawsuit
Spiritual Abuse, PTSD, Recovery, Beaverton Grace Bible Church, Chuck O'Neal *** When someone deals with spiritual abuse, it can have lasting consequences. One popular response is making the decision to no longer go an institutional church. I get that. I'm pretty sure I relayed the story either in a post, or in comments, that one… Continue reading Spiritual Abuse, PTSD, and the Aftermath
Chuck O'Neal, Beaverton Grace Bible Church, Jeff Rose, Dr. Edward Delcour, Mike Gendron, Mike Stockwell, and Robert Gray, Evangelism Reformation Conference, Reformation Fire Conference https://twitter.com/ChuckONeal_/status/883432785221894144 *** I don't have a problem with those tweets. On the surface, they are fine. But even false teachers get things right. The Bible tells us: For certain individuals whose… Continue reading Pastor Chuck O’Neal Continues to Pull the Wool over His Evangelist Friends’ Eyes
*** This is a very insightful statement from C.J. Mahaney. https://twitter.com/CJMahaney/status/739414015546404864 When a pastor preaches, he is leading his congregation in his interpretation of Scripture. It may or may not be correct. I know from reading many personal stories of those who were Mahaney's church that his teachings caused spiritual harm. I don't think… Continue reading How our Pastor’s Biblical Interpretation Can Affect Our Understanding of Scripture and God
How to help a family member or friend leave a high-controlling church group or cult: spiritual abuse, trapped, thought reform, mind control, freedom “Mind control is the process by which individual or collective freedom of choice and action is compromised by agents or agencies that modify or distort perception, motivation, affect, cognition and/or behavioral… Continue reading Help! My Family Member or Close Friend is Trapped in a High-Controlling Church or Cult. How Can I Encourage Them to Leave?
Children Harmed by Spiritual Abuse Yesterday, I was talking with my programming language tutor and mentioned that I had a blog. He asked what my blog was about and I told him the long story. He was absolutely dumbfounded by what he was hearing and kept shaking his head, not wanting to believe it, even… Continue reading The Fallout of Spiritual Abuse on Our Children
*** Pastor Chuck O'Neal claims Portland-area police officer is threatening his First Amendment Rights. This is the same pastor who sued 4 former church members $500,000 for speaking out publicly against him. *** *** This is rich. Pastor Chuck O'Neal of Beaverton Grace Bible Church, the very same pastor who sued me and four former church… Continue reading Pastor Chuck O’Neal Who Sued 5 Former Church Members for $500,000 for Defamation Claims His First Amendment Rights are Violated When Police Officer Asks Him to Move to Side of Road to Preach
Church Membership is being pushed in The Gospel Coalition's recent article. Whose rights are protected? Christina Holcomb, litigation counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, wrote an article for The Gospel Coalition (TGC), 5 Actions Churches Should Take in a Changing Legal Culture, which was published today. I can't help but perk up and take notice when I… Continue reading Whose Rights are Protected in The Gospel Coalition’s Article on Churches and Current Legal Culture?
*** Phil Johnson of Grace Community Church claims that sheep, not wolves are the main trouble with churches *** *** Yesterday, Phil Johnson of Grace Community Church tweeted this: *** He is assuming the primary problem are the "sheepiness" of sheep??? That does not surprise me. Let me show you my personal experience with… Continue reading Phil Johnson Claims the Main Trouble in Churches are the Sheep, not Wolves
*** Pastors who use their assumed position of authority to control personal lives. *** for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Hebrews 13:17 *** This is finals week at school, so in the interest of time, I'm going to resurrect an old post from March of… Continue reading Some Pastors Think They Get to Control the Details of Your Lives, Even the Colors of Clothes You Wear
*** JeremiahCry and The Herald Society put on a Conference to Discuss Dead Heroes of the Faith, But Someone Seems to be Missing *** JeremiahCry Ministries is putting on a conference. Take a look at Jeremiah Cry's primary vision: The primary vision of JeremiahCry Ministries is the advancement of the Kingdom of God through the biblically prescribed… Continue reading Jesus is Pretty Lowly Compared to the Likes of Spurgeon and Whitefield among Certain Folks
Post-Spiritual Abuse Change of Perspective: Buffer Zones and Abortion Clinics Don't call yourself pro-life if you value only certain lives. Author Unknown I find it interesting that my perspective on things have changed after having experienced spiritual abuse. Five years ago, I would have been rejoicing about this news: The Supreme Court on Thursday unanimously… Continue reading Post-Spiritual Abuse Change of Perspective: Buffer Zones and Abortion Clinics
*** Digging a little deeper, analyzing the public words and behavior of Tony Miano. Does his behavior reflect a spiritual abuser and bully? Is this a man who should be in public ministry open air preaching and evangelizing? *** A reader sent me a link to Tony Miano's Facebook page cover photo (larger photo). Miano describes it:… Continue reading Tony Miano: A Case Study in Spiritual Abuse and Bully Behavior
*** Does Tony Miano's ministry show kindness, genuine love, truthful speech and honor, or is he heralding slander instead of God's Holy Word? *** We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots,… Continue reading Tony Miano’s Ministry of Honor, Genuine Love, and Righteousness by Truthful Speech? Or Not?
*** Discussing the so-called "persecution" among street preachers Tony Miano, Josh Williamson, Chuck O'Neal and their appalling behavior when challenged or questioned, also perhaps a kinder and gentler Josh Williamson. *** Have you heard of Pastor David Robertson of Scotland? Pastor David Robertson describes himself as a: "Bible believing/teaching/evangelising pastor in this wonderful city of… Continue reading “Persecuted” Street Preachers: Pastor Josh Williamson, Tony Miano, Chuck O’Neal and Humility
* * * Tony Miano put out a plea for donations on his Facebook page, however, Tony's admin guy, Chris H. deleted comments made by someone questioning about the money. The commenter was accused of slander, defamation, and threatened to ban from posting on the Facebook page. Bully, much? * … Continue reading Facebook Comments Removed from Tony Miano’s Facebook Page When Commenter Asks About Donation $$
* * * I recently discovered Storify, a cool way to enable one to compile tweets/articles into one quick and easy "story." Here is one example of storify. It is a public Twitter conversation showing how popular street evangelist, Tony Miano, interacted with me. This is a great way to… Continue reading Tony Miano’s Public Behavior and Relationship with Chuck O’Neal
* * * Spiritual abusers are often self-absorbed, preaching humility, but exhibiting pride. Pastors who draw attention to themselves and their accomplishments and self-importance are not servant leaders. * * * Being familiar with a pastor's personality and charm can sometimes conceal warning signs which might seem… Continue reading When Your Pastor Speaks Humility, but Shows Pride Instead
* * * We can learn a lot about the spiritual health of a church and how they function by reading their church governance bylaws and doctrinal statements of faith. * * * There were many people, after my lawsuit became very public, who went to my… Continue reading Learn to Discern: Doctrinal Statements and Spiritual Authority
* * * Tony Miano, author of Should She Preach?, attended John MacArthur's Strange Fire conference at Grace Community Church, along with Pastor Chuck O'Neal (suing pastor who had minister's license revoked and currently in discipline), Phil Johnson, Dr. Steve Lawson, all of whom contributed to Miano's book. * … Continue reading Question for Tony Miano: Did Joni Preach?