"I want to believe that this is a genuine wake-up call for all church leaders to get their collective acts together and take sex abuse and cover-ups seriously. I just wish it came spontaneously from the hearts of leaders - you know, humble leaders who care about the souls in their flock."
Phil Johnson, C.J. Mahaney, Sovereign Grace Ministries Sex Abuse Case, Together for the Gospel, #T4G2016, Survivor Blogs Phil Johnson, John MacArthur's right-hand man has issued a public statement on his Facebook page regarding CJ Mahaney, the Together for the Gospel 2016 conference, and survivor blogs. As usual, we don't see much concern for the… Continue reading Phil Johnson: ‘Some thoughts on CJ, T4G, and “survivor blogs.”’
C.J. Mahaney, Sex Abuse, Failure to Report, Statute of Limitations, Sovereign Grace Ministries, Lawsuit, Pedophiles, T4G The Washingtonian released a new article after spending many months investigating Sovereign Grace Ministries, CJ Mahaney, and the many cases of alleged sex abuse named in the lawsuit brought on by victims (named and anonymous). The… Continue reading Attorney Plans to File Another Sex Abuse Lawsuit against CJ Mahaney and Sovereign Grace Ministries
The Gospel Coalition (TGC), Sovereign Grace Ministries Sex Abuse Scandal, CJ Mahaney, Spotlight Movie If you haven't seen the movie, Spotlight, it is a must-see, and I will likely be posting some of my thoughts on the movie in the upcoming weeks after more people have a chance to see it. However . .… Continue reading After The Gospel Coalition Staunchly Defended CJ Mahaney in Sovereign Grace Ministries Sex Abuse Scandal, They Now Promote the Movie Spotlight (Sex Abuse Coverup)
*** Standing together for victims of abuse in the SBC and SGM Clergy abuse victims to leaflet outside the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Baltimore Statement from Pam Palmer of the SGM Civil Lawsuit On Monday, June 9, the Maryland Court of Special Appeals heard our Appeal. We are hopeful but must now await the… Continue reading Standing Together for Victims of Abuse in the SBC and SGM
** Taylor Joy Responds to the recent developments at The Gospel Coalition involving Joe Carter, Tullian Tchividjian, C.J. Mahaney ** Many people are responding to the recent developments with Tullian Tchividjian being booted from The Gospel Coalition (TGC), ridiculous comments and vitriol by Joe Carter, public spokesman of The Gospel Coalition, TGC's support of and… Continue reading Why The Gospel Coalition – or at least Al Mohler and Company – Must Apologize
*** Tullian Tchividjian is booted from The Gospel Coalition (TGC) website while C.J. Mahaney and Josh Harris quietly leave TGC council amidst ongoing sex abuse lawsuits in which a former Sovereign Grace Ministries volunteer is found guilty of sex abuse charges. *** Confirmation bias regarding one's friends can become a powerful weapon against the… Continue reading The Gospel Coalition Shake-Up – Tullian Tchividjian and Too Much Grace for The Gospel Coalition?
*** Joe Carter of The Gospel Coalition publicly attacks Sarah Palin for her use of the word "baptism" in the context of a NRA political rally. *** *** "Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists." ~Sarah Palin ** Joe Carter, an editor at The Gospel Coalition seems… Continue reading The Gospel Coalition’s Joe Carter, Publicly Attacks Sarah Palin for her Use of the Word, “Baptism”
*** C.J. Mahaney is pictured in front-row seats at the Together for the Gospel conference after publicly saying he would not participate due to the distraction of the Sovereign Grace Ministries lawsuit. *** Note: Brent Detwiler graciously allowed me to cross-post the following article which was originally found at his site. SSB has covered… Continue reading The Photo Promotion of C.J. Mahaney at Together for the Gospel
* * * Earlier this week, I mentioned a conversation I had at SharperIron.org regarding Albert Mohler and an article he wrote. The conversation diverted to C.J. Mahaney and his connection with Mark Dever (founder of 9Marks). Here is my comment challenging Dever's involvement with Mahaney when Mahaney took his leave of… Continue reading As the Sovereign Grace Ministries World Turns
* * * When the facts became known, the firings of both Paterno and Spanier were inevitable and necessary. Both men had credible knowledge that young boys were being sexually abused, and neither did anything effective to stop it. Most crucially, neither man did what they should have done within… Continue reading Where’s the Integrity? Mohler, Burk on Abuse
* * * At the T4G website, a note was posted that C.J. Mahaney will not be speaking at the 2014 Together for the Gospel conference. The conference is in Mahaney's hometown of Louisville and speakers include Ligon Duncan, Albert Mohler, Mark Dever, David Platt, John Piper, Kevin DeYoung, Thabiti Anyabwile, and Matt… Continue reading C.J. Mahaney withdraws Himself from T4G Conference
* * * Today I was disappointed to discover that the public statement released by highly respected Christian leaders, Albert Mohler, Mark Dever, and Ligon Duncan in support of their friend, C.J. Mahaney, was altered. The original statement which was posted on Facebook is not the same statement currently posted on… Continue reading Statement from T4G: Mohler, Dever, Duncan in Support of C.J. Mahaney Was Altered!
* * * * * * Have you seen this video? I liked it enough that I posted it on my blog's Facebook page. The person who recommended it, Denny Burk, is one who has publicly given his support to C.J. Mahaney. Just a bit ago,… Continue reading TGC & T4G: It’s Not about the Nail, it’s about the SGM Survivors!
* * * UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF POST!!**** This morning, I started to add a new comment to the Together for the Gospel statement released on Facebook yesterday and noticed the comment number decreasing. When I refreshed the screen, the whole thing was GONE! Zilch, Nada! I'd love to be a… Continue reading Just like that: T4G Statement of Support for Mahaney is Removed!!