This post is a continuation of resource compilations begun April 28 about the emerging situation of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary President Paige Patterson and implications for the Southern Baptist Convention. Compilations are news report and social media items selected by Brad/futuristguy, who is part of the Spiritual Sounding Board team. Social media responses are generally taken from Twitter, and although the initial post linked may not seem crucial, the thread typically contains important responses.
Resource Links, Part 1 – April 28 through May 22. Historical background resources, audiofile transcript, news articles and social media responses from April 28-May 22.
Resource Links, Part 2 – May 23-28. News articles and social media responses.
Resource Links, Part 3 – May 29 through June 3. News articles and social media responses.
Resource Links, Part 4 – June. Focus on statements and news articles related to topical and institutional issues in advance of the SBC annual meeting of June 11-12.
Final note: Listing here does NOT mean endorsement of content. This bibliography encompasses a modest range of source perspectives from people who would likely disagree on many things and agree on at least some things. They range from fundamentalist to conservative to moderate to progressive.
* * * * * * *
TOPICS ON THIS PAGE:
- Some Key Post-Meeting News and Articles [Added June 14]
- “For Such A Time As This” SBC Rally [Added June 10]
- Final Preparations for SBC Annual Meeting [Added June 10]
- Missing SEBTS Archive Boxes; Publication of Student File Items
- What Does the SBC Need To Do To “Clean House”? Some Views From Around the SBC
- 1. Focus on Abuse, Survivors, #MeToo, #ChurchToo
- 2. Focus on Leadership Diversity, Especially Racial/Ethnic
- 3. Concerns about Mission, Structures, Activities