Gospel-Centered Movement, TGC, YRR, Calvinists, Jared Wilson *** Over at The Gospel Coalition website, Jared Wilson has published the Top 125 Influences of the Gospel-Centered Movement. Now, I admit at first, I had assumed that he was talking about all influential Christians. As I read more of his intro, I saw that he was really… Continue reading Will Those in the Real Gospel-Centered Churches Please Stand?
Lori Alexander, The Power of a Transformed Wife, Book Review, Gender Roles -by Kathi We have critiqued Lori Alexander's blog posts as well as some of her commentors here at SSB. Now is the time to dive into her published book, The Power of a Transformed Wife (Publisher: Turning Page Books, September 30, 2016). I… Continue reading Book Review Series: “The Power of a Transformed Wife” – Lori Reveals Her Mindset
*** A blog reader alerted me to a kickstarter, or fundraising effort. Les Lanphere created the kickstarter to raise money for a new documentary on Calvinism called, Calvinist. Les Lanphere describes himself as, "a film maker who has worked in a variety of areas in production and post production on films like Transformers 3, The Smurfs,… Continue reading So, We’re Collecting Money for a New Documentary to Promote a Specific Doctrine?
JD Hall and his Bully Behavior on Twitter It seems Jordan (JD) Hall is showing his true colors today. He got all worked up after someone appropriately gave him some corrective criticism. Apparently, from the Twitter conversation that I read, JD Hall did not clearly cite an author's works on his recent blog article .… Continue reading J.D. Hall Has Not Learned His Lesson on Twitter: Bully Behavior
It really is okay for you to have a differing opinion with a Christian leader! *** There is so much tension in the media regarding the Ferguson fiasco. I wish everyone could just hold up a "free hugs" sign like this young 12-yr old in Portland and it would all get better: *** *** Sometimes pastors… Continue reading Disagreeing with Someone’s Opinion Makes You Like Satan?
*** Voddie Baucham leads his Facebook readers to an unproven incest story between grandmother and grandson and blames the Homosexual Agenda *** Watch your Christian leaders, folks. Sometimes their own agendas are so strong that they don't use their own critical thinking skills and lead their followers down a path of untruths and speculations. Voddie Baucham posted a story on… Continue reading Voddie Baucham Posts an Unverified Incest Story on Facebook and Implicates the Homosexual Agenda
*** The Family-Integrated Church movement is getting some heat by critic, Pastor Shawn Mathis. Pastor Kevin Swanson is forced to make a choice: OPC or National Center for Family-Integrated Churches (NCFIC) *** by Julie Anne The National Center for Family-Integrated Churches NCFIC began as an off-shoot from the Doug Phillips' now defunct "ministry," Vision Forum (I cannot… Continue reading The Family-Integrated Church Movement is Getting Some Much-Needed Heat from Critics
* * * There is now overwhelming evidence that the for-profit arm of Vision Forum is indeed closing at the end of the year. Also, there are public statements alluding Doug Phillips' public statement of repentance was not genuine. * * * To save some time, I… Continue reading Compelling Evidence that Vision Forum Inc. is Closing, Liquidating and Doug Phillips “Show” of Repentance Revealed
*** Last week, Tim Fall of Tim's Blog - Just One Train Wreck After Another, and I connected about the possibility of a guest post and when he shared the content, there was a resounding "YES, please!!" from me. There's a lot of parenting advice out there, some of which can be harmful to our… Continue reading John Piper and Voddie Baucham: Bad Parenting Advice That’s Worse Than Bad Parenting
* * * Doug Phillips was a powerful man. He used "godly" power and control to silence, to man the ship of his business, ministry, church, home, women, employees, and everything around him. * * * As we slowly watch the demise of the Doug Phillips empire,… Continue reading Doug Phillips: His Power and Control Using “Godly” Patriarchy
* * * Articles continue to be written about fallen pastor and Christian ministry leader and pastor, Doug Phillips, who resigned from the non-profit arm of Vision Forum Ministries and from his public speaking engagements. But what is next? What does repentance and restoration look like? Can or should he assume… Continue reading Doug Phillips: Repentance and Restoration – Is it Possible?
* * * Doug Phillips: a timeline of events, understanding true repentance and question about Phillips' teaching elder position at Boerne Christian Assembly * * * “Over the years, my sensitivity to these problems has only heightened, until several years ago, I set about to align with… Continue reading Doug Phillips: Question about Pastoral Position, Timeline of Events, and Understanding True Repentance
* * * Whether they say it publicly or not, I believe that Christian leaders in the Reconstructionist and Homeschool Movements view adult daughters to be the biggest threat to their agenda in furthering their ideologies. * * * In this video trailer of The Return of… Continue reading Are Daughters the Biggest Threat to the Christian Patriarchy Movement and Reconstructionism?
* * * But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blpasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a… Continue reading Beaverton Grace Bible Church and Pastor Chuck O’Neal – A Year after They Lost the Defamation Lawsuit
* * * I read this excerpt by Dr. Russell Moore recently. He was asked what to do if someone is in a miserable marriage: Does God want you to be miserable? Long-term, no. And that’s why God has designed marriage as a life-long covenant signaling the gospel of Jesus Christ.… Continue reading Divorce Dilemmas in the Church
* * * One of the traps that we got ourselves caught in was looking to religious leaders for guidance on how to raise our children. It's ok to seek guidance, but we didn't always check what we learned with scripture. We read a lot of books and went to parenting… Continue reading Voddie Baucham: Prescription for Spanking and the Shy Child