Kevin Swanson; Larry Nassar; Child Sex Abuse; Rachael Denhollander -by Kathi with editorial comments by Julie Anne Kevin Swanson's February 9, 2018 broadcast on Generations covered the recent gymnastics and sexual abuse case by now-convicted sexual predator, Dr. Larry Nassar. Right Wing Watch picked up his broadcast and noted that he blames immodesty in the… Continue reading Pastor Kevin Swanson’s Blame Game When it Comes to the Dr. Larry Nassar Child Sex Abuse Cases
*** Kevin Swanson, Generations With Vision Radio, Josh Duggar, Incest, Christian Home Educators of Colorado *** -by Kathi On May 28, 2015, Kevin Swanson entered the foray of folks talking about the revelation of Josh Duggar sexually molesting several little girls when he was a teen. His radio show, "The Duggars - Why the Media… Continue reading Kevin Swanson talks (or doesn’t talk) about the Duggars on his radio show
**** Kevin Swanson attempts to tie together child abuse statistics from the Gen 2 Survey, a University of Oregon campus sexual assault survey, and stay-at-home daughters. **** -By Kathi On February 6th, Christian homeschool leader Kevin Swanson and Steve Vaughn did a radio broadcast entitled, "1/3 of College Women Sexually Abused." Swanson fails to mention… Continue reading Is there a correlation between sexual abuse as an adult and homeschooling?
*** Will Second Generation homeschoolers continue with the vision given to them by their first-generation parents, or will they stagnate and decay? **** Posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/westernconservatory/posts/773859062683731 *** Second-Generation Homeschoolers: Will They Be Homeschool Dropouts? by Kathi Homeschool Dropouts is a documentary which features the children (Anna, Benjamin, David, Elizabeth and Isaac) of Geoffrey and… Continue reading Second-Generation Homeschoolers: Will They Be Homeschool Dropouts?
*** Pulpit and Pen's JD Hall launches Voices in the Wilderness Radio with Faithful Theology and Faithful Preaching *** The last we spoke of JD Hall and Pulpit and Pen was in this August 2014 article, JD Hall’s Public Confession Regarding His Twitter Conversation with Ergun Caner’s Son, Who Later Committed Suicide. JD (Jordan) spoke with both… Continue reading JD Hall of Pulpit and Pen Launches Voice in the Wilderness Radio
*** Scott Brown, the Christian Patriarchy Movement, Muslims, Women and Birth Control *** Since the fall of Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard, voices in the Homeschool Movement have been quiet about some of their pet topics, perhaps trying to let the dust settle on the aftermath of the Christian Patriarchy Movement and the alleged sex abuse… Continue reading Pastor and Homeschool Leader Scott Brown Empathizes with Turkish President who says Birth Control is Treason
*** The Family-Integrated Church movement is getting some heat by critic, Pastor Shawn Mathis. Pastor Kevin Swanson is forced to make a choice: OPC or National Center for Family-Integrated Churches (NCFIC) *** by Julie Anne The National Center for Family-Integrated Churches NCFIC began as an off-shoot from the Doug Phillips' now defunct "ministry," Vision Forum (I cannot… Continue reading The Family-Integrated Church Movement is Getting Some Much-Needed Heat from Critics
** Media and blogosphere are abuzz with sex abuse stories coming from Patriarchy proponents, Bill Gothard and Doug Phillips. Gothard releases a statement, other Christian leaders defend Patriarchy. ** I tell you what, my head is spinning this week with so many items of news regarding scandals by Christian leaders, especially within Christian Patriarchy. But… Continue reading Patriarchy: Doug Phillips, Bill Gothard, Doug Wilson and Damage Control
* * * Kevin Swanson defends his friend, Bill Gothard against accusations of sexual harassment, while accusing Spiritual Sounding Board and Patheos.com blogs of dancing on the grave of Christian fundamentalism and Biblical Christianity. * * * Last week, I was notified by a Twitter friend/follower that… Continue reading Kevin Swanson Defends Bill Gothard’s Sexual Harassment Charges While Publicly Trash Talks Blogs
* * * Popular homeschool leader Pastor Kevin Swanson continues to give unsubstantiated claims about birth control pills being "womb tombs" despite apologizing for misunderstanding in the media storm he created last year. * * * Last year, Kevin Swanson created quite the media firestorm with his… Continue reading Kevin Swanson Continues a Year Later with Same Womb Tomb Rhetoric
* * * Bloggers are taking on the destructive subculture of the Homeschool Movement and calling homeschool leaders out for their extra-Biblical practices and abusive patriarchy. * * * The Homeschool Movement really took off in 80s and 90s. Back then, when we read homeschool magazines, we… Continue reading The Blogging Community Takes on the Destructive Subculture of the Homeschool Movement
* * * Doug Phillips: a timeline of events, understanding true repentance and question about Phillips' teaching elder position at Boerne Christian Assembly * * * “Over the years, my sensitivity to these problems has only heightened, until several years ago, I set about to align with… Continue reading Doug Phillips: Question about Pastoral Position, Timeline of Events, and Understanding True Repentance
* * * * * * Just how close is the homeschool fundamental version of Patriarchy to Islam? I think it's pretty darn close. Check this out. Remember this from Christian Homeschool Leader and Pastor Kevin Swanson? * * * * … Continue reading What Does a Sheikh and a Homeschool Leader and Pastor Have in Common?
* * * One of the more troubling trends I see in Christiandom is making what I understand to be secondary issues as primary doctrinal issues. Sometimes church leaders will say certain issues are "gospel" issues, that the whole gospel message depends on adhering to whatever bandwagon said church leader is… Continue reading Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: When Did “Roles” Become a Primary Doctrinal Issue?
* * * * * * Last year when I started blogging and connecting with other blogs/bloggers, there were two big words that meant nothing to me: complementarian and egalitarian. In fact, at first the words just plain annoyed me and I didn't bother to look… Continue reading CBMW: Christian Feminists, Complementarians, and Are Men Protecting Their Position of Privilege?
I asked a favor of one of my sleuth readers and while searching he came across some interesting information. Coming from a place where there was a no-talk rule and where things were not fully disclosed, I have a different policy here. This is a place where I fully disclose, especially when there are unsuspecting loyal… Continue reading My Response to Kevin Swanson’s Non-Response about Embedded Dead Babies and Damage Control
Kevin Swanson has updated his blog with a response regarding the womb being a graveyard for dead babies for women who have taken birth control pills - - - - or something along those lines. Here is a part of his response: In a recent program, the matter of the abortifacient effects of the birth… Continue reading Kevin Swanson Issues Response to Dead Embedded Babies Comment
* * * * * Those of you who follow me on Twitter (DefendtheSheep), know that I have been trying to get to the bottom of the quote by Pastor Kevin Swanson, the popular homeschool leader who reported… Continue reading Kevin Swanson Fails to Provide Sources for Ignorant, Unsettling Statement
* * * Kevin Swanson spews rhetoric: Dead embedded fetuses in wombs for women on birth control pills! I get slightly annoyed, no, actually royally peeved when people use their position of leadership and influence to push their agenda. I've been on the inside of the homeschool movement and seen how this works. The Christian… Continue reading Kevin Swanson Spews Nonsense from His Mouth to Further His Birth Control Agenda