"The elders have called upon Stephen Bratton to accept the full responsibility for his actions and to place himself at the mercy of the criminal justice system."
*** A blog reader alerted me to a kickstarter, or fundraising effort. Les Lanphere created the kickstarter to raise money for a new documentary on Calvinism called, Calvinist. Les Lanphere describes himself as, "a film maker who has worked in a variety of areas in production and post production on films like Transformers 3, The Smurfs,… Continue reading So, We’re Collecting Money for a New Documentary to Promote a Specific Doctrine?
*** The Family-Integrated Church movement is getting some heat by critic, Pastor Shawn Mathis. Pastor Kevin Swanson is forced to make a choice: OPC or National Center for Family-Integrated Churches (NCFIC) *** by Julie Anne The National Center for Family-Integrated Churches NCFIC began as an off-shoot from the Doug Phillips' now defunct "ministry," Vision Forum (I cannot… Continue reading The Family-Integrated Church Movement is Getting Some Much-Needed Heat from Critics
* * * * * * * This is an ongoing reference post following the Lourdes Torres-Manteufel vs. Douglas Phillips lawsuit. It includes key information on the case, court documents, background story, key individuals, links to news articles, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *… Continue reading Lourdes Torres-Manteufel vs Doug Phillips Lawsuit Informational Resource Page
* * * There is now overwhelming evidence that the for-profit arm of Vision Forum is indeed closing at the end of the year. Also, there are public statements alluding Doug Phillips' public statement of repentance was not genuine. * * * To save some time, I… Continue reading Compelling Evidence that Vision Forum Inc. is Closing, Liquidating and Doug Phillips “Show” of Repentance Revealed
*** Last week, Tim Fall of Tim's Blog - Just One Train Wreck After Another, and I connected about the possibility of a guest post and when he shared the content, there was a resounding "YES, please!!" from me. There's a lot of parenting advice out there, some of which can be harmful to our… Continue reading John Piper and Voddie Baucham: Bad Parenting Advice That’s Worse Than Bad Parenting
* * * Doug Phillips was a powerful man. He used "godly" power and control to silence, to man the ship of his business, ministry, church, home, women, employees, and everything around him. * * * As we slowly watch the demise of the Doug Phillips empire,… Continue reading Doug Phillips: His Power and Control Using “Godly” Patriarchy
* * * Articles continue to be written about fallen pastor and Christian ministry leader and pastor, Doug Phillips, who resigned from the non-profit arm of Vision Forum Ministries and from his public speaking engagements. But what is next? What does repentance and restoration look like? Can or should he assume… Continue reading Doug Phillips: Repentance and Restoration – Is it Possible?
* * * It is my belief that Christian leaders in the Reconstructionist and Homeschool Movements view their adult daughters as the biggest threat to their agenda in furthering their ideologies. In this video trailer of The Return of the Daughters, you can hear the urgency of this movement, the fear-mongering blaming the feminists as… Continue reading Are Daughters the Biggest Threat to the Christian Patriarchy Movement and Reconstructionism?