*** Karl Heitman and Matt Tarr come to different conclusions about whether it is okay for young ladies to go to college. Both cite John MacArthur and the Bible to back up their claims. Who is right? *** I'm always thankful for readers who send me information on articles or concerns they see within… Continue reading So, what does John MacArthur really think about young women going to college?
Are Desiring God & John Piper shifting to "Biblical Patriarchy" over complementarianism, following Gregg Harris', Bill Gothard's, Scott Brown's, Doug Phillips' and Doug Wilson's courtship model? by Cindy Kunsman The champions of patriarchy worked hard last week, busy on the front lines by saving the world through their insight and wisdom. On June 11,… Continue reading Desiring God and Daddies Dating…Their Daughters’ Boyfriends? Is John Piper Promoting Patriarchy?
*** Using Katie Botkin's lifeboat analogy, Cindy Kunsman explores the “Second Generation Adult” and Lourdes Torres-Mantefeuel's alleged sex abuse by Vision Forum's Doug Phillips *** Part III in a Series Link to Part I Link to Part II By Cindy Kunsman, UnderMuchGrace.com On the same day that Lourdes Torres-Manteufel's petition was filed, the first cousin… Continue reading Lourdes, Lifeboats, and Bounded Choice: Part III (Raised in a Totalist Institution)
* * * * * * * This is an ongoing reference post following the Lourdes Torres-Manteufel vs. Douglas Phillips lawsuit. It includes key information on the case, court documents, background story, key individuals, links to news articles, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *… Continue reading Lourdes Torres-Manteufel vs Doug Phillips Lawsuit Informational Resource Page
* * * Who is benefiting by keeping grown adult daughters at home and single? A look at Christian Patriarchy espoused by Doug Phillips; Steve and Teri Maxwell and their daughter, Sarah; and Geoffrey and Victoria Botkin and their daughters, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth. * * *… Continue reading Christian Patriarchy Movement Pressures Stay-at-Home Daughters to Choose Whom She Will Serve First: Daddy or God
* * * The Doug Phillips Vision Forum scandal has left homeschooling families reeling and questioning: what now, where do we go from here? What about Patriarchy, Full-Quiver, Courtship, Parenting? A Concerned Dad asks some great questions. * * * Over the weekend, I got an excellent e-mail… Continue reading After the Doug Phillips Vision Forum Scandal: What Should We as Homeschoolers Parents Do Now?
* * * In some conservative Biblical Patriarchal circles, young ladies remain at home, sheltered, under the protection of their father. They are generally not allowed to work outside the home or attend college. This is in order to "protect" them from worldly influence. Could this practice be setting up these… Continue reading Does the Doug Phillips et al Brand of “Biblical Patriarchy” Groom Stay-at-Home Daughters to be Victims of Abuse?
* * * Taking a look at a business and legal analysis involving the Doug Phillips [alleged] sex abuse scandal in an effort to help survivors. * * * *** T.W. Eston posted another comment on an earlier post and I whisked it into this blog post… Continue reading Supporting Survivors of Doug Phillips’ Apostasy, Part 2
* * * Romans 2:19-24 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— you, then, who teach others, do… Continue reading Supporting Survivors of Doug Phillips’ Apostasy
* * * Reconstructionists and leaders in the Homeschool Movement have been very vocal about the role of women as "keepers at home." Is this completely Biblical? * * * This article is the third article related to Reconstructionism, the Homeschool Movement, and women. The first article, Homeschooled… Continue reading Reconstruction and Homeschool Movements: Stay-at-Home Mothers and Adult Daughters
* * * In an effort to "raise up a child in the way they should go," some Christian homeschool parents are essentially kidnapping their daughters, only teaching "homemaking" skills, even denying and preventing them from getting a college education. * * * There are too many… Continue reading Homeschooled Adult Daughters Held Captive at Home, Prevented from Getting College Education