*** Johann and Kimery Jorg Abuse Case: HSLDA has given us homeschool liberties, but at what cost? A closer look at homeschool freedoms and parenting and safety of children *** Homeschoolers have fought for years to have the freedom to legally homeschool their children. Homeschool Legal Defense Association has worked to ensure that parents in… Continue reading To Train up a Child: Who Decides if it is Biblical or Not? When is it Abuse?
* * * Bloggers are taking on the destructive subculture of the Homeschool Movement and calling homeschool leaders out for their extra-Biblical practices and abusive patriarchy. * * * The Homeschool Movement really took off in 80s and 90s. Back then, when we read homeschool magazines, we… Continue reading The Blogging Community Takes on the Destructive Subculture of the Homeschool Movement
* * * The Doug Phillips Vision Forum scandal has left homeschooling families reeling and questioning: what now, where do we go from here? What about Patriarchy, Full-Quiver, Courtship, Parenting? A Concerned Dad asks some great questions. * * * Over the weekend, I got an excellent e-mail… Continue reading After the Doug Phillips Vision Forum Scandal: What Should We as Homeschoolers Parents Do Now?
* * * In some conservative Biblical Patriarchal circles, young ladies remain at home, sheltered, under the protection of their father. They are generally not allowed to work outside the home or attend college. This is in order to "protect" them from worldly influence. Could this practice be setting up these… Continue reading Does the Doug Phillips et al Brand of “Biblical Patriarchy” Groom Stay-at-Home Daughters to be Victims of Abuse?
* * * The Doug Phillips affair has touched many lives. Read as a mother cries out for prayer as she "fostered some pretty difficult beliefs" on her children by adhering to teachings in the Homeschool Movement and Doug Phillips and Vision Forum. * * * Hear… Continue reading In the Wake of the Doug Phillips Affair, a Mother Grieves and Seeks Our Prayers
* * * Prominent homeschool and Christian leader Doug Phillips has fallen. What happens with those he has led? Where do they find their foundation again? * * * * * * A comment came in yesterday and several of you have already… Continue reading People Affected by Doug Phillips’s Ministry: What Now?
* * * We recently discussed the challenges that some former homeschool students face when they leave their home. This story is quite different from the last story, but it, too, deals with painful and strained relationships with fundamental Christian parents who were influenced by the subculture of the Homeschool Movement.… Continue reading Adult Children Shunned by Homeschool Parents: Selah’s Story
* * * It's not always easy growing up in a Christian fundamentalist homeschool environment. I have been seeing an increasing number of homeschool graduates "coming out" in more ways than one. As a Christian homeschooling mom of over 20 years, we didn't think about our own kids coming out sexually.… Continue reading Christian Homeschool Dad Takes on LGBT Former Homeschooler