* * * Who is benefiting by keeping grown adult daughters at home and single? A look at Christian Patriarchy espoused by Doug Phillips; Steve and Teri Maxwell and their daughter, Sarah; and Geoffrey and Victoria Botkin and their daughters, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth. * * *… Continue reading Christian Patriarchy Movement Pressures Stay-at-Home Daughters to Choose Whom She Will Serve First: Daddy or God
*** The "Christian" film, "Alone Yet Not Alone" has received a nomination for Best Original Song, sung by Joni Eareckson Tada, but what questionable activity propelled it to that spot and who are some of the people connected with this film and the Christian film industry? *** Friday, on my Facebook newsfeed, I saw an… Continue reading Disturbing Reconstructionist Connections with Oscar Nominee Film, “Alone Yet Not Alone”
* * * Personal story of a relationship broken by legalistic pressures brought on by teachings from Doug Phillips, Vision Forum and Christian Patriarchy ideology within the Homeschool Movement. *** A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from "Bethany" who shared her personal story with me and just recently she… Continue reading A Young Woman’s Relationship with Her Boyfriend is Shattered by Christian Patriarchy
* * * The Doug Phillips Vision Forum scandal has left homeschooling families reeling and questioning: what now, where do we go from here? What about Patriarchy, Full-Quiver, Courtship, Parenting? A Concerned Dad asks some great questions. * * * Over the weekend, I got an excellent e-mail… Continue reading After the Doug Phillips Vision Forum Scandal: What Should We as Homeschoolers Parents Do Now?
* * * Doug Phillips, promoter of Patriarchy, homeschooling, Family-Integrated Churches, Reconstructionism, courtship, Christian film production is featured in this video: The Power of Music in Film * * * Nine months ago - - possibly around the time Phillips was booted out of his teaching elder… Continue reading Doug Phillips: “The Twinkle of Wonder is All about Me”
** * * * I'd like to spotlight some of the common teachings and practices that Doug Phillips and Vision Forum promoted. Many of these teachings go far beyond Doug Phillips and Vision Forum and have spread via homeschool networking, family-integrated church networking, the internet. * * … Continue reading Doug Phillips & Vision Forum: Multi-Generational Faithfulness and Video of Young Boy Explaining the Importance of Having Many Children for 10 Generations
* * * There is now overwhelming evidence that the for-profit arm of Vision Forum is indeed closing at the end of the year. Also, there are public statements alluding Doug Phillips' public statement of repentance was not genuine. * * * To save some time, I… Continue reading Compelling Evidence that Vision Forum Inc. is Closing, Liquidating and Doug Phillips “Show” of Repentance Revealed
* * * Peter Bradrick, former intern, former Executive Assistant to the President at Vision Forum Shares Publicly That He is "Disowned" and Declared as "Destroyer" by Doug Phillips of Vision Forum * * * Peter Bradrick, a man closely connected with Doug Phillips and Vision Forum… Continue reading Doug Phillips: “Disowns” Former Vision Forum Executive Assistant to President, Peter Bradrick, Calls Him “Destroyer” When Confronted about Sins
* * * The Doug Phillips affair has touched many lives. Read as a mother cries out for prayer as she "fostered some pretty difficult beliefs" on her children by adhering to teachings in the Homeschool Movement and Doug Phillips and Vision Forum. * * * Hear… Continue reading In the Wake of the Doug Phillips Affair, a Mother Grieves and Seeks Our Prayers
* * * Chalcedon Foundation discloses they privately contributed to Joe Taylor's legal defense against Doug Phillips, and discussion on Reconstructionism and "Biblical Patriarchy" * * * Further developments have unfolded on the Doug Phillips story and I will try to briefly recap them since the content… Continue reading Chalcedon Foundation Privately Donated Funds to Joe Taylor to Help His Legal Defense Against Doug Phillips
* * * Prominent homeschool and Christian leader Doug Phillips has fallen. What happens with those he has led? Where do they find their foundation again? * * * * * * A comment came in yesterday and several of you have already… Continue reading People Affected by Doug Phillips’s Ministry: What Now?
* * * Taking a look at a business and legal analysis involving the Doug Phillips [alleged] sex abuse scandal in an effort to help survivors. * * * *** T.W. Eston posted another comment on an earlier post and I whisked it into this blog post… Continue reading Supporting Survivors of Doug Phillips’ Apostasy, Part 2
* * * * * * Doug Phillips released a "Clarification on Resignation" statement yesterday. Let's take a closer look at those words along with other words from Mr. Phillips. Does it clear things up or muddy the waters? * * * Clarification… Continue reading A Closer Look at Doug Phillips’ Clarification Statement
* * * Romans 2:19-24 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— you, then, who teach others, do… Continue reading Supporting Survivors of Doug Phillips’ Apostasy
* * * Doug Phillips was a powerful man. He used "godly" power and control to silence, to man the ship of his business, ministry, church, home, women, employees, and everything around him. * * * As we slowly watch the demise of the Doug Phillips empire,… Continue reading Doug Phillips: His Power and Control Using “Godly” Patriarchy
* * * There is more unrest at Vision Forum as the Board of Vision Forum Ministries today announced the closing of Vision Forum (VF) Ministries. This announcement comes 12 days after Doug Phillips announced his resignation from VF as president, and allegedly nine months after Phillips stepped down from his… Continue reading The Board of Vision Forum Ministries Announces the Closing of Vision Forum Ministries
* * * Doug Phillips: a timeline of events, understanding true repentance and question about Phillips' teaching elder position at Boerne Christian Assembly * * * “Over the years, my sensitivity to these problems has only heightened, until several years ago, I set about to align with… Continue reading Doug Phillips: Question about Pastoral Position, Timeline of Events, and Understanding True Repentance
* * * Reconstructionists and leaders in the Homeschool Movement have been very vocal about the role of women as "keepers at home." Is this completely Biblical? * * * This article is the third article related to Reconstructionism, the Homeschool Movement, and women. The first article, Homeschooled… Continue reading Reconstruction and Homeschool Movements: Stay-at-Home Mothers and Adult Daughters
* * * Whether they say it publicly or not, I believe that Christian leaders in the Reconstructionist and Homeschool Movements view adult daughters to be the biggest threat to their agenda in furthering their ideologies. * * * In this video trailer of The Return of… Continue reading Are Daughters the Biggest Threat to the Christian Patriarchy Movement and Reconstructionism?
* * * In an effort to "raise up a child in the way they should go," some Christian homeschool parents are essentially kidnapping their daughters, only teaching "homemaking" skills, even denying and preventing them from getting a college education. * * * There are too many… Continue reading Homeschooled Adult Daughters Held Captive at Home, Prevented from Getting College Education