*** Who Will Take Care of Your Beloved Pets after the Rapture? *** I'm sure this has been a great concern to my readers, so having you, my dear friends in mind, I am passing along this helpful information. ~ja Here is a brief excerpt from After the Rapture Pet Care, the great folks who… Continue reading Who Will Take Care of Your Beloved Pets after the Rapture?
Category: Stories of Hope
How to Respond to a Someone in a Crisis: A Dad who Understands the Gift of Listening
* * * If you ever wanted to see love, empathy, compassion during a crisis, excellent listening skills, support, encouragement wrapped up in one package without ever having to take a class or read a book, I think I found it right here in this short video. This video encapsulates what… Continue reading How to Respond to a Someone in a Crisis: A Dad who Understands the Gift of Listening
Spiritual Edification: What has worked for you?
* * * In our spiritual journey, many of us have had mountain-top experiences and maybe some valleys, too. Mountain-top experiences are pretty exciting and can fuel us for a while, but I'm not convinced that our spiritual journey should be based on one great experience. But in those times… Continue reading Spiritual Edification: What has worked for you?
Church Abuse, Spiritual Triage, and Victim’s Advocacy Ministries
* * * You may have noticed a brief blog break. Thursday I went out of town to a meeting and Friday I drove back home and later had a 3-hour interview regarding the bad side of Christian homeschooling and so I was tied up a bit. I'd like to share… Continue reading Church Abuse, Spiritual Triage, and Victim’s Advocacy Ministries
Effective Street Evangelism with Changed Lives? Yes! Right here!
* * * Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27 I think this is true street evangelism right here. It is being done on a busy street,… Continue reading Effective Street Evangelism with Changed Lives? Yes! Right here!
Being Married to a Pedophile: A Wife Speaks Out and Offers Hope to Other Wives of Pedophiles
* * * Letter from the wife of a pedophile explaining why she stayed and how she finally got out. Encouragement for other wives of child molesters. * * * Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself,… Continue reading Being Married to a Pedophile: A Wife Speaks Out and Offers Hope to Other Wives of Pedophiles
Love, New Life, and a New Easter Message
* * * March 3rd, just over a year ago, I posted about a stray and wandering kitty, Marbles, who found our home and adopted us. I discussed the parallels of being abandoned and trust issues with spiritual abuse. Just over a year later, Good Friday morning and Thursday night,… Continue reading Love, New Life, and a New Easter Message
Lessons on How to Truly Love
A former church member sent me a note about this song and expressed how much it meant: "I was thinking how much this song really mirrors our story. It made me cry when I watched the video on YouTube. We are happy and blessed to be free from lofty people and lofty judgments. May we… Continue reading Lessons on How to Truly Love
More Reasons to Bless the Lord
10,000 ReasonsI'd like to use this post to express what we are thankful for as we did a while back. There are a lot of reasons we have to be thankful. What is God doing in your life? What has He taught you recently? What has brought you encouragement?I'll start. I want to share… Continue reading More Reasons to Bless the Lord
In Honor of Hannah
* * * Today, I'd like to honor someone very special to me - my eldest daughter, Hannah. When Hannah told me she was leaving home so abruptly that very sad day, she told me that she couldn't set one more foot in that church. It was killing her. She knew… Continue reading In Honor of Hannah