* * * Oh boy. I did not know this. There is a new ESV Bible by Crossway to be released later this month: Gospel Transformation Bible. Look at this quote: A team of over 50 pastors and scholars contributed to the Gospel Transformation Bible notes and book introductions. In… Continue reading ESV Gospel Transformation Bible: Complementarian Conflict of Colossal Proportions
* * * Twenty-four years ago, when I was pregnant with our second baby, we found out we were having a boy. When my mom heard the news, she found a doll to purchase for our first child, Hannah. She thought it would be good for Hannah to have her own… Continue reading Christian Parenting: Training Your Child’s Gender Identity
* * * Yesterday, A Mom posted this comment: A Mom JULY 14, 2013 @ 7:34 PM Complementarian sex appeals to control freaks, IMO. You’re missing out on God’s best for you, comp men. Let go of your conquer/control death grip on the wheel, and you might actually enjoy your wife’s free will. Oops,… Continue reading What is Difference Between Complementarianism and Patriarchy?
* * * There is a lot of talk about complementarians and egalitarians these days. I had no idea what these words meant until last year. But the roles of husband and wife seem to be very important to some folks. There are Christian leaders who have devoted a whole website… Continue reading Guest Post: Not My Mother’s Submission
* * * This week we've discussed a bit about biblical "roles" as seen by complementarians and egalitarians and trying to make sense of it all. A big problem I seen in pushing any agenda is pushing it so far that it really sounds like a bunch of nonsense. And… Continue reading CBMW, John Piper, Women Drill Sergeants, and Biblical Roles
* * * One of the more troubling trends I see in Christiandom is making what I understand to be secondary issues as primary doctrinal issues. Sometimes church leaders will say certain issues are "gospel" issues, that the whole gospel message depends on adhering to whatever bandwagon said church leader is… Continue reading Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: When Did “Roles” Become a Primary Doctrinal Issue?
* * * * * * Last year when I started blogging and connecting with other blogs/bloggers, there were two big words that meant nothing to me: complementarian and egalitarian. In fact, at first the words just plain annoyed me and I didn't bother to look… Continue reading CBMW: Christian Feminists, Complementarians, and Are Men Protecting Their Position of Privilege?
* * * It all started off with a Tweet: * * * * * * and then another tweet: * * * * * * More tweets will be forthcoming, you can be sure.… Continue reading John Piper Introduces New Conference Geared to College Students: Guess Who is Speaking?