Questions for dads to ask young men who are interested in their daughter
This was posted on Todd Friel’s Wretched Facebook page and is entitled:
We are not barbarians. Dads should not threaten a potential suitor with a fire-arm. At least not a loaded fire-arm. But that doesn’t mean a Dad shouldn’t put the young man on the hot seat.
Below are some questions that may help you determine if a young man will have access to your daughter. Your mileage may vary. Start with #30.
- Share your salvation testimony.
- What is the Gospel.
- Share the most recent Bible verse you have memorized.
- Can you recite all 66 books of the Bible in order? Try.
- How often do you read your Bible?
- When was the last time you read your Bible?
- Tell me about your participation in your local church.
- Can you recite the Nicene Creed for me?
- If you are a virgin, why? If you are not a virgin, tell me what you have learned.
- Tell me everything you know about the Protestant Reformation.
- What is your approach to protect your sexual purity as well as my child’s?
- What Scripture verses guide your interactions with the opposite sex?
Please see the rest of the questions here.
What do you think? Are these the most important questions to ask? Do you think these questions are appropriate? Are there any questions they left out?